Wednesday 21 December 2016

Christmas Gingerbread House


Hey guys,

Today me and my Father (and with some parts my mother joined in) decided to make a gingerbread house because last year we made gingerbread men. Me and my Father are the only ones who like gingerbread. It was really fun making this today, I think it is because I was around my parents and whenever we have a good time it is really nice to see everyone smiling and having fun. 

Billy (the cat) kept wanting to come up to see what was going on. He would pop his head up at the beginning and I'd get him down before he could jump up onto the table. He ended up going on his scratching post and also the window sill. 

When it came to finishing the gingerbread house the gummy sweets started sliding down but we saved them and put them back where they were. Doing the icing was quite easy except when it came to touching the icing together as then it would go weird and mess it up. We cleaned it up a bit and then left it as we didn't want it to go any worse. 

My favourite part was probably doing the front of the house. Even though some of it kind of looks like a mess. Where it went right it looks alright. At the end when everything was finished I ate some of the icing that was left and I felt so sick after it as I had way too much sugar in like 5 minutes. If any of you made anything send me a picture or comment how it went down below.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment